While most financial institutions were closed for the Columbus Day holiday, 1st Advantage colleagues were hard at work assisting local non-profit organizations. This year marked our 6th annual 1st A.I.D.E. Day, and we were thrilled to be able to work with six deserving organizations who offer incredible support in our community.
1A colleagues donated over 700 volunteer hours to The Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula, Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters, Hampton VA Medical Center, McGuire VA Medical Center, Malachi House, and Operation Homefront of the Virginias.
1st A.I.D.E. Day 2013 Accomplishments:
- Collected over 4,000 pounds of food for The Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula.
- Created 179 family meal bags for families in need.
- Handmade 487 holiday cards for veterans at the Hampton VA and the McGuire VA Hospitals.
- Made 127 surgery bears for the children who are patients at Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters.
- Made 25 blankets for the homeless and residents of the Malachi House.
- Built 4 bookcases for Operation Homefront of the Virginias.
1st A.I.D.E. Day 2013 was truly a special day for 1A. Giving back to the community is just one of the many ways that we bring the credit union philosophy of, “People Helping People." into the lives of those around us.